NOTE: Some browsers (including Google Chrome) won't include the trails and markers in your printed map; please try another browser like Safari, Firefox or Internet Explorer.
Ketchum Bike Park
// track pieces: 49, // elevation pieces: 49
Pump Tracks are one of the newer amenities in recreation and the Ketchum Bike Park is near Hemingway Elementary School. The track is a great place for kids and adults to play, work on biking skills, or get a workout. Lovely views of Bald Mountain.
The Ketchum Pump Track is managed by Ketchum Parks & recreation and was made possible by a huge host of volunteers and sponsors including Scott USA, which used to headquartered in the Sun Valley area.
A full list of Pump Track rules is highlighted at the park's entrance so please enjoy the Track but adhere to these important rules for usage.
What is a Pump Track?
Benefits of a Pump Track
- Dirt track with rollers and berms
- Ride with or without pedaling by “pumping” for momentum with track contours
- Mountain or BMX bike usage
- Ideal for building bike handling skills
- Built in its environment utilizing organic materials and existing land
- No user fee required
- Healthy, physical activity
- Great, low risk environment for cyclists of all ages and skill levels
- Affordable and accessible location
- Close to public biking trails like the BCRD Wood River Trail
- A community effort: supported by donors, Wood River Bicycle Coalition, Smith, Scott USA
- Sustainable: little environmental impact, builds physical health, and easily maintained and supported